Tableau Server is an enterprise-scale business intelligence and data visualization platform. It enables users to analyze and generate reports and visualizations on large amounts of data so as to gain valuable business insight.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at system administrators who wish to set up and manage Tableau Server.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Tableau Server.
- Set up users, roles and permissions to get a team up and running.
- Access various data sources, manage content and access to the content by users.
- Automate administrative tasks, including monitoring and log management.
- Deploying Tableau Server to cluster.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- System administration experience
- Basic knowledge of business intelligence concepts
- System administrators
Overview of Tableau’s Features and Architecture
- How users interact with Tableau Server
- Understanding server processes
Setting up Tableau Server
- Evaluating configuration options
- Single server installation
Setting up and Managing Users
- Adding users
- Setting authorization and assigning permissions
- Assigning users to groups and sites
- Deleting users
Working with Data
- Connecting to a data source
- Create an extract of the data
- Securing data
Managing a Site
- Creating views and workbooks
- Setting up a schedule
- Subscribing to a site
Deploying Tableau Server
- Planning a deployment to production
- Administrative roles
- Distributing Tableau Server to multiple machines
- Automating server tasks
- Monitoring server performance
- Managing log files
- Backup up Tableau Server
- Upgrading Tableau Server
- Using command-line utilities
Extending Tableau Server
- Accessing the REST API
- Modifying the authentication method
- User and data oversight
- Governance, security, and scalability
Summary and Conclusion