Jest is a testing framework maintained by Facebook to test React components.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at engineers who wish to use Jest to test React applications and components.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure a proper testing environment.
- Write asynchronous tests for React apps and components.
- Run Jest advanced tests that include mocking, spies and stubs.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Jest, please visit: https://jestjs.io/
- Experience with React development.
- Test engineers
Overview of Jest
Setting up the Testing Environment
Installing and Configuring Jest
About Stateful Components
Testing a React App
- Set up, execute function, assert results
Testing the Business Logic
Running Watch Mode to Test File Changes
Testing the User Interface
Running Browser Tests through Node
Testing React Components
Running Snapshot Tests
Summary and Conclusion