PHPUnit is a unit testing framework for PHP. PHPUnit employs strict parameters to determine whether individual units of code are bug-free and ready for deployment. By isolating and testing individual units, developers can ensure greater application stability, avoid regression bugs, and reduce the costs associated with malfunctioning code in production.
This instructor-led, live training teaches participants how to write testable code in the form of testing units to facilitate the diagnosis, isolation, and resolution of bugs. The training walks participants through the creation of a work-ready, testing environment using the PHPUnit testing framework.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between good and bad testing units.
- Read and interpret test results.
- Proactively manage and diagnose their code base to reduce bugs.
- Ensure that their code base is fit for continuous integration and deployment.
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- A solid foundation in PHP coding
- Experience with testing is helpful, but not required
- Intermediate to advanced PHP developers who want to improve the testability of their code