Ionic is a mobile development framework for creating hybrid-mobile web applications. WordPress is a content management system written in PHP. Using Ionic 4, users can use the WordPress Rest API to create a backend application for a mobile web application.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at web developers who wish to use WordPress and Ionic 4 for full stack development.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Create web applications with WordPress as a backend.
- Set up Ionic 4 with the WorPress Rest API.
- Run CRUD operations using Ionic 4.
- Secure a web application with JWT authentication.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of Ionic
- Web Developers
- What is WordPress?
- WordPress features
- WordPress Rest API
Preparing the Development Environment
- Setting up Ionic 4 with WordPress
WordPress Rest API
- Using Postman
- Creating and using custom Post types
- Exposing Rest endpoints
WordPress and Ionic 4
- Building a project
- Adding user interfaces
- Creating services
- Working with the backend
Testing the Application
- Testing with unit tests
Debugging the Application
- Handling errors
Deploying the Application
- Hosting on a public cloud such as Firebase
- Publishing the app
Securing the Application
- Using JWT authentication
Summary and Conclusion