Xamarin is an open-source, C# based set of tools for writing Android, iOS and Windows apps with native user interfaces and a shared code base across all platforms. It allows developers to use the same IDE, language, and APIs everywhere — anything that can be done in Objective-C, Swift, or Java can be done in C# with Xamarin. Xamarin was bought by Microsoft in 2016 and is included with Visual Studio.
In this instructor-led, live training (online or onsite), participants will learn key aspects of Xamarin as they take on the development of their own set of mobile applications for Android, iOS and Windows.
Format of the Course
- Overview of Xamarin’s features and capabilities along with step-by-step development of a mobile application (for iOS, Android and Windows).
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- C# programming experience
- Knowledge of mobile programming
- Mobile developers and programmers
Understanding the Xamarin Architecture
Xamarin Developer Tools
Setting up Your Development Environment
Creating Your First Application
Making Your Application Interactive
Model Classes and Event Handling
Creating the UI
Collections, Persistence, and MVVM (Model-View-View-Model) in Xamarin
Data Binding in Xamarin
Using Pages in Xamarin
Architecting for Multiple Platforms
Building Your Application
Testing Your Application
Debugging Your Application
Optimizing the Performance of Your Application
Deploying Your Application to the iOS App Store
Deploying Your Android Application
Summary and Next Steps