AWS QuickSight is a business analytics service by Amazon. It provides tools for building data visualization, performing ad hoc analysis, and getting business insights from different data sources.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at data analysts or anyone who wishes to use AWS QuickSight data analysis and visualization.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of AWS QuickSight.
- Use AWS QuickSight to create data analysis, reports, and insights.
- Use AWS to create relationships between data for enhanced analysis.
- Learn different types of visualizations in understanding data.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data analysis
- Data analysts
- Anyone who is interested in data analysis and visualization
- Overview of AWS QuickSight
- What is AWS and QuickSight
Getting Started with AWS QuickSight
- Creating an AWS and QuickSight account
- Understanding the QuickSight workflow
- Navigating the QuickSight UI
Preparing Data in QuickSight
- Understanding data preparation in QuickSight
- SPICE vs. direct query
- Uploading and importing data to QuickSight
- Working with columns and fields
- Understanding calculated fields, functions, and operators
- Adding calculated fields using strings to our project
- Extracting information out of strings
- Using conditional functions
- Creating calculated fields with numeric values
- Adding different filters to a project
Analyzing and Visualizing Data
- Understanding the difference between preparing and analyzing data
- Creating the data analysis
- Creating visuals
- Understanding dimensions and measures
- Adding additional data sets
- Field formatting, aggregation, and granularity
- Formatting visuals
- Creating a story and treemap
- Using filters and tables
- Adding a KPI visual
Exporting and Sharing Project Data
- Understanding refresh and schedule refresh
- Exporting project data as .csv files
- Adding users to an account
- Sharing data set and analysis
- Creating and sharing dashboards
Using Databases as Data Sources
- Setting up a database
- Preparing dummy data
- Connecting QuickSight to a database
- Importing data into SPICE
- Importing data as a Query
- Importing calculated fields and query
- Using NoSQL databases
Summary and Next Steps