Java Servlets, JSP and JDBC are the server-side technologies that power thousands of enterprise web applications. These three technologies are behind many Java web application development frameworks.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to understand the foundational technologies behind enterprise Java applications. The course also provides an excellent foundation for continuing on to learning Java frameworks such as Spring.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure the development environment needed to begin developing a Java web application.
- Understand how the MVC design pattern is implemented in Java applications.
- Implement Java Fetures such as JSP scripting elements, deployment descriptors and annotations.
- Create a sample web application that takes user queries, fetches data from a database and returns the results.
- Debug and troubleshoot legacy enterprise applications built with Java.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Java programming experience
Overview of Java Features and Architecture
Setting up the Development Environment
Understanding the MVC Architecture
Overview of the Servlet Lifecycle
Creating an Application
Writing a Servlet
Working with JSP (Java Server Pages)
Connecting to a Database using JDBC
Working with Deployment Descriptors
Interacting with Users
Testing the Application
Debugging the Application
Expanding the Application’s Features
Summary and Conclusion