Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Course Overview
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting (RH342) course is meant for system administrators to provide them essential knowledge of various tools and techniques required to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix RHEL issues successfully. Participants will get hands-on experience to find and troubleshoot common issues on various subsystems.
Candidates will learn to approach troubleshooting in a structured and scientific manner. This approach will be useful in diagnosing problems related to boot issues, kernel issues, hardware issues, security issues, storage issues, network issues, RPM issues, and third-party application issues. Towards the course completion, participants will undergo a comprehensive review to test their newly acquired skills.
- Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
- Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
- Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system’s ability to boot.
- Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
- Identify and fix issues related to storage.
- Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
- Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
- Debug application issues.
- Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems
- Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.